ArrowStream’s commodity expert, David Maloni, noted from Friday’s monthly export data that pork carcasses were shipped to China in June for the first time on record and may signal an increase in U.S. pork exports to China in the coming months, despite the ongoing trade negotiations.
Maloni stated this week that, “there is no sign of a major world protein shortage in the U.S. trade data. U.S. total pork, chicken, turkey, and beef exports in June were 1.4 percent less than the previous year and in line with historical averages. In other words, no surge, but this is important to watch as 2020 approaches.”
ArrowStream’s Commodity Intelligence solutions include various reports on over 200 commodities, forecasts and price benchmarking dashboards.
By combining intelligence on commodity markets with ArrowStream’s Strategic Sourcing tool optimized for the foodservice industry’s unique challenges, restaurant chain operators can implement a repeatable process for securing the right product at the right price.
Purchasing teams who embrace a technology-enabled sourcing process will:
- Proactively identify potential impacts to their product costs
- Better plan sourcing activities & align internal resources
- Identify & collaborate with over 6,000 vetted foodservice suppliers
- Execute more sourcing events by simplifying the process
- Create better alignment between sourcing & culinary teams
- More intelligently negotiate their new & renewing contracts
Talk to our sourcing technology experts about how ArrowStream can help save 18% on product costs when regularly using a data-driven, continuous sourcing process.