David Maloni, ArrowStream commodity expert, noted this week that July domestic milk production was nothing to get excited about as it was flat with the prior year.
“The milk cow herd continued to decline, falling by a whopping 9,000 head making it the smallest since the spring of 2015,” said Maloni. “Nonetheless, milk farmer margins are good and year-over-year milk output expansion is expected as early as this fall. This along with slack export demand should eventually weigh on U.S. dairy prices.”
ArrowStream’s Commodity Intelligence solutions include various reports on over 200 commodities, forecasts and price benchmarking dashboards.
By combining intelligence on commodity markets with ArrowStream’s Strategic Sourcing tool optimized for the foodservice industry’s unique challenges, restaurant chain operators can implement a repeatable process for securing the right product at the right price.
Purchasing teams who embrace a technology-enabled sourcing process will:
- Proactively identify potential impacts to their product costs
- Better plan sourcing activities & align internal resources
- Identify & collaborate with over 6,000 vetted foodservice suppliers
- Execute more sourcing events by simplifying the process
- Create better alignment between sourcing & culinary teams
- More intelligently negotiate their new & renewing contracts
Talk to our sourcing technology experts about how ArrowStream can help save 18% on product costs when regularly using a data-driven, continuous sourcing process.