June’s U.S. pork production was a whopping 5.9 percent larger than the previous year. ArrowStream commodity expert, David Maloni, feels that this and tempered domestic demand brought on by concerns of African swine fever, caused the U.S. June pork supply decline to be the smallest in 24 years.
“Bacon lovers will be happy to know that June 30 pork belly stocks were 6 percent higher vs. 2018 and experienced the smallest June drawdown in five years,” said Maloni. “Despite concerns about supplies, pork belly disappearance was 5.7 percent larger than the previous year. Further, the 12-month belly disappearance average is at 4 percent above prior year reaching the highest level since summer 2017. It would not surprise us if, when it’s all said and done, pork belly disappearance is strong for July as well.”
ArrowStream’s Commodity Intelligence solutions include various reports on over 200 commodities, forecasts and price benchmarking dashboards.
By combining intelligence on commodity markets with ArrowStream’s Strategic Sourcing tool optimized for the foodservice industry’s unique challenges, restaurant chain operators can implement a repeatable process for securing the right product at the right price.
Purchasing teams who embrace a technology-enabled sourcing process will:
- Proactively identify potential impacts to their product costs
- Better plan sourcing activities & align internal resources
- Identify & collaborate with over 6,000 vetted foodservice suppliers
- Execute more sourcing events by simplifying the process
- Create better alignment between sourcing & culinary teams
- More intelligently negotiate their new & renewing contracts
Talk to our sourcing technology experts about how ArrowStream can help save 18% on product costs when regularly using a data-driven, continuous sourcing process.